Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What's at the Center of the Great Adventure

Unwrapping my theological core in the beginning of this adventure seems a little complicated.

So, some people call it intuition. But it's more personal than that. Some people call it the voice of God but sometimes it's only an impulse. Sometimes it is a voice but that kinda freaks people out.

Sometimes it's just a feeling of alignment and there are other confirmations that I am on track so I continue in a certain direction.

Sometimes it's a feeling of enormous resolve.

At any rate, a couple of weeks ago when it became clear the latest landlord was going to arrange things or fix things to find any excuse possible to pressure me out of the house, I just said 'enough'! Five times in a row I  made the mistake of looking for domestic stability so I could write what I feel called to write and get the words to market, finish the website so I could solicit teaching and speaking engagements and get my podcasts recorded.

I had this idea. Those ideas I always attribute to God because they have my best interests and most visibility of my faith. The idea I had was to call this place that did work space rental and take my work out of the mix of my domestic situation. I just couldn't move again until it was to unpack in a permanent place. People say one thing but do another all the time. I needed to remove my work from the hands of unpredictability as far away as I could.

From that lead, the other pieces of  the question, 'How do I lead a normal life that is productive and fun and fulfilling without having a home where it all happens?" fell into place.

I believe God supplies answers when a set of positive events fall into place together.

My faith had been bolstered this summer by a concentrated time of study in retraining my brain to think of God as a God who blesses. My whole view was framed by asking the question, 'Does this idea bless me or my situation or my possibilities of providing for my family.?"

As I explored the option of the office and found it provided more than I thought possible, I moved on to the next dilemma and the next. Each time, right before I needed it, someone suggested a solution.

Taking each step as an act of faith made a collective move in the right direction.
As I read this back, I see I have created an incalculable number of questions about what is good for me, what am I called to do, and what does God have to do with all of this. For now.....this is the start of explaining what it's like to be inside my faith. Best I can do.

I must remember to talk, sometime, about the difference between and the decision to make the leap between the ministry ( the pastorate) and being an artist and a business woman.


No comments: