Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Great Faith

Having never written about my actual faith walk in a detailed way, in a public place, finding the end of the thread as a place to begin is challenging.

I'm not sure this is the "right" or "proper" place to start, but presently I am thinking about the chasm between me and established church leaders. From many of them I am hearing, and have heard, "stop saying you hear God". I always wanted to say to them,"of course I hear God! I'm not busy with minutia like you. I'm not worshiping the gods of other scholars. My physical circumstances are not comfortable. I hang out with non believers. How could I possibly NOT hear God??!!".

The only difference in my life right now is acting boldly on what I hear.  I have parced out the pieces of my life because God is running an end game around church leadership in providing me a forum to speak of my faith: how I came to know of it, how it came to be, and how I trust it will grow.

That much I know right this moment. More will come I'm sure.

No comments: