Tuesday, November 5, 2013

So when that bad thing happens.....


A couple of weeks ago I tripped and fell. When I righted myself I could not get the signal to my leg to 'lift up'. I could get any 'fire power' I told the paramedics. I knew it was in my back but because of my age everyone kept checking for stroke and fracture.

Nevermind...the situation calmed down a bit and gradually the signal returned. I'm still walking with a walker but good things will come from a new physical assessment . And wow am I ever glad I lost those thirty pounds last year!

For the first few days, I was terrified and sad and mad at God. How could God let something like this happen? Only the night before I had taken a dance workshop and enjoyed being able to stand a little longer. That morning I was on my way to truly tackle the day with vigor. I had a whole new lease on life.

Now, I'd lost two clients because of it all and was toying with the idea of dashing more boldly into the future than I had that morning.

Yes...do it. Cry your bitters. Have your Job moment. And then calm down and let the Lord comfort you and share a new vision of how your bad situation will be transformed and redeemed into something newer, stronger and more to your liking.
Love,
Deborah

No comments: