Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What Victory Looks Like: the difference between 'have' and 'of'

The faith that guides and directs, sustains and motivates based on a relationship with a God who loves and cares doesn't always have the feel of 'the better life'.

That interaction between heaven and earth that develops our spiritual self in ways of maturation leads us, frequently, into situations where the rub is real and the chances for earthly defeat are real.

Looking at the big picture, the long view, and standing on higher ground as often as we can is what yields a harvest of peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, self control,  and love.

By earthly standards, two weeks ago, I looked like an utter failure. Now, I just have my first published book that is resonating with people in life giving ways. The only difference inside of me between two weeks ago and now, is a sense of relief that following the invisible nudge of the Spirit has proven trustworthy. External standards would still make me look like a failure. The smile on my face, the increased peace everyone tells me is emanating from my being, the hope in my heart which does not disappoint are the tell tale indicators of victorious living.

Keep paying attention to your insides. People of faith live from the inside out. Everyday, they live with 'centered' as the goal. On those days when we have  faith instead of being people of  faith, we miss out on seeing what God sees, loving what and who God loves, and speaking what comes from a heart that offers the unconditional love it has first received.

It's so tough. Jes' sayin' but keep trying.
Love,
Deborah

No comments: